Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is one of the most fun and versatile decorative paints that you can use. The paint itself dries to a beautiful matte finish, which is how it earned its name. It has a “chalky” look when it is fully dry due to its texture. It comes in a wide range of colors that are based off of 18th and 20th century decor, making it easy to find the perfect color to match your home.
One of the things that makes this paint unlike most other craft and hobby paints is that you typically don’t need to sand or prepare the surface. Instead, you can just start painting right on top of what is already there. That makes it extremely fast and easy to use. You can start a project in the morning and have it done the same day, which is rare when it comes to painting.
After you apply the paint and it has a chance to dry, you may also want to apply a coat of wax over it to give it a rich finish, while at the same time improving its durability. The paint is currently available in over 30 different colors, making it easy to find the perfect one to coordinate with your decor. Some of the most popular Annie Sloan Color Chart 2022 options include the following:
- Duck Egg Blue – This beautiful, soft shade of blue is ideal for creating pale blue furniture, frames or decor. Often used on dressers or tables, it lends a vintage touch to whatever you apply it to.
- Antoinette – This pale pink color is ideal for creating a soft, feminine look. Perfect for a little girl’s room, it makes furniture look dainty and delicate. It is particularly beautiful when accented with shades of white or cream.
- Graphite – Bold and beautiful, graphite makes a real statement. This dark charcoal color lends a classic, sophisticated look to furniture. Try using it on kitchen cabinets to add a ton of drama to the space. It is also great for creating beautiful picture frames that have a vintage feel.
- Emperor’s Silk – If you want a color that packs a punch, Emperor’s Silk is the answer. This brilliant red shade creates furniture and accessories that are hard to miss. Try using it on a dresser or nightstand to add a bold punch of color to the space. It also makes a beautiful accent color when used to paint smaller sections of a large piece of furniture.
- Original – You can’t go wrong with the original Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. This creamy white color is perfect for just about any decor. It works particularly well with shabby chic furnishings, and is beautiful when distressed.
- Florence – Another color that really pops is Florence. This bold shade of turquoise blue is extremely saturated. Again, try applying it to dressers, tables and nightstands to create a brightly colored focal point in your room.
As you can see, the Annie Sloan Color Chart 2022 has a wide variety of options to choose from, making it easy to find the perfect paint for your decor.